More Seat Questions

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: More Seat Questions
From: Grant Kester <gkester@ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:36:15 -0700
Dear List,

This is a follow-up to my posting about uncomfortable seats in my TR6. A
number of people recommended changing the foam and the rubber diaphragm.
Has anyone on the list done this work themselves? Or does it require the
services of a professional upholsterer? Also, is it possible to change the
foam without destroying/cutting the existing seat covers? I'd like to avoid
spending the extra $300 on a set cover kit if I can avoid it.

Another parts question: I want to install retractable belts in my TR6. The
Victoria British catalog says it's necessary to also install a
reinforcement plate underneath the rear wheel arch for cars that didn't
originally come with retractable belts. Moss doesn't sell this plate or
mention anything about it being necessary. If I skip the plate am I
endangering my life?

Thanks to everyone on the list for the generous feedback/info.

Grant Kester
gkester@ucsd.edu