Reverse Light Switch

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Reverse Light Switch
From: "Jim Reitnour" <reitnorj@enter.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 22:13:32 -0400
I recently acquired a '71 TR6.  It has an "A-type" overdrive.  The car is
currently wired with an "on-off" toggle switch under the dash to illuminate
the reverse lights.  Upon investigation, there is no reverse switch in the
normal position on the driver's side of the top of the trans housing.  There
is a blind in the space where the reverse switch normally would be located.
There is no slot or other method available to remove the blind - it is
recessed in the hole and the surface is smooth.  Any ideas on what to do to
replace the blind with a reverse light switch so I can get rid of the
current toggle switch approach?  Any help greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  jim