RE: DIY painting -- equipment?

To: "Vink, Graham" <vinkg@fleishman.com>
Subject: RE: DIY painting -- equipment?
From: "Stephen Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 08:28:51 -0700
Graham,

I have a good sized compressor (6HP Craftsman)and use a "detail" gun for
everything.  It may take some fill-ups, but the smaller can makes it
easier to fit in tight places.

Don't skimp on air filtering/cleaning for the compressor output.

The other tidbit, When they give a temp range you really need to be in
that range.  I shot some of mine with the temp lower and the paint took
forever to set up and ran at the drop of a hat.  Also any bit of dust will
show up in the finished product.

Having said all this it was still fun to do.  Of course I only did the
inside parts and had a paintshop squirt the exterior

Steve