Re: Adding OD to non-OD tr6

To: Graham McMicken <g.mcmicken@shaw.ca>, 6 pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Adding OD to non-OD tr6
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <trstevens@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:51:58 -0400
In addition to the mainshaft and the switches, there's an adapter that goes
between the overdrive and the transmission, and I believe the rear
transmission mounts are different.  There's a cam-driven pump in the
overdrive, and I don't know if there's a specific cam for the TR mainshaft,
or if it's generic for all applications.

A J-type would have been what was used in 1975.  I understand it's possible
to install an A-type with fitting kits from one of the UK suppliers.

--
Ted Stevens     trstevens@earthlink.net
'74 TR6 Gaithersburg, MD