RE: Shane's Paint Job

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>,
Subject: RE: Shane's Paint Job
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:54:11 -0700 (PDT)
Rob,
I don't claim to have read every posting of the 6 Pack Digest but have seen
most of them for the past several years and do not ever recall seeing anything
concerning the TR6 "art car" (I would remember that).  You obviously are not
"fully occupied" if you are reading the National Museum of the American Indian
magazine (spring edition).  I suggest that you run back to the garage and
rebuild the carbs and slave cylinder on your Triumph again before you lose your
perspective.
MIke Lunsford
 "Robert M. Lang" wrote:On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Mark Hooper wrote:

> More likely he saw a group get $60,000 for a TR6 painted by native artists.
> Betting that he's been scouring the phone book for a local native art school
> to approach with a business proposal...

Speaking of which. I don't recall if this ever made it to the 6pack e-mail
list, but the Spring 2002 edition of the periodical "National Museum of
the American Indian" featured an "art car" on the cover... a '74 TR6 with
an Indian blanket draped over it with the title "The Triumph of Indian
Art".

It was probably less than a $60k shoot, though.

:-)

> Mark Hooper

rml
Bob Lang Room N42-140Q | This space for rent
Consultant MIT unix-vms-help |
Voice:617-253-7438 FAX: 617-258-9535 |