Engine Re-build help

To: "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Re-build help
From: "Rengrave" <rengrave@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 17:43:46 -0400
Hi,
I have decided to re-build my engine myself, after looking at my worn
crankshaft and bearings. The bearing and crank have grooves (like an old 45
record). I have owned the car for 20 years and I have restored everything on
the car except the engine internals. I was told if the crank is worn , then
the camshaft is probably gone too.
I have never re-built an engine before, but I am confident that I can do it
and I do not trust any local mechanic to work on my LBC.
I'm looking for a step by step document, book or web site that will show me
a rebuild on a TR6 (I have a 1973 with twin ZS carbs).
I have a Haynes Workshop Manual, I have heard a lot of talk about the
Bentley Manual, is the Bentley Manual better as far as step by step
instruction for an engine re-build?

Wayne
Westport MA
1973 TR6 (Mallard)