Pirelli P400's and Pressure

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pirelli P400's and Pressure
From: "Ken Davis" <ken.davis@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 19:00:44 -0700
Hi List,

Had a redwall blow at about 70 mph coming down the Oakland side of the Bay
Bridge a week or so ago...   LF, thought that was my good one, too.  Car
handled exceptionally well, despite the squishy handling and smell of cooking
rubber!   Went to get a set of El cheapo's, 205/70-15, and after paying for
them, the dealer found he didn't have a complete set in stock, despite the
computer's tally of them.   as a result, he cut a very good deal on Pirelli
P400's, T-rated, white wall, less than $300 for everything, out the door.  I'm
please with that.

Now, after he mounted them, drove it 45 miles home, and tried to figure out
the handling.  got home, found there was 35psi in each tire, but it handled
nicely, so, I dropped the pressure down to 25psi, front and rear.   After a
week, I can't decide if it's okay, or if it's me...   Doesn't feel quite
normal, normal being defined as 3 years on Michelin redwalls., but it sure
sticks to the road like you-know-what to a baby's blanket.

I do a daily commute of 42 miles each way, ride seems okay, clutching through
the traffic stop and go is not fun however....

Is anyone else out there running Pirelli's, what pressure, and what do you
think of them?

Thanks

Ken
So San Francisco