Re: Pirelli P400's and Pressure

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pirelli P400's and Pressure
From: "James Tabor" <jattr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 14:07:46 +0000
Ken,

I had P4000's at one time and I thought they were
the BEST tires I ever had on the 6. NOTE: Compared
to Michelin RED lines and the now Michelin Energy MXV4.
Granted, the P4000 were a little smaller than the Michelin's i
have currently, so that could be why they performed a bit better.
NOTE II: I now have MXV4's because they are closer to stock size
and I do not recall Pirelli's available in that size w/o white wall...
and SUPER sale (tirerack.com) on the otherwise VERY expensive MXV4's.

Pirelli's: Performance was great-Especially during a crazy summer storm and
hydroplaining one time! Car steered straight and total control.

i inflated (i think) them around 30psi.
I did not come up w/ that based on any scientific calculations however.
just guessed. I have seen others talk about this in the past.
maybe they can add their two cents.

glad you and the 6 are okay. blow outs are scary!

-james