RE: Squirrelly rear end

To: "'Peter Macholdt'" <vze2846b@verizon.net>,
Subject: RE: Squirrelly rear end
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@directvinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 18:42:00 -0400
Peter,
The sensation you describe has always been worn rear control arm
bushings on my cars. Since I installed urethane bushings from BPNW the
sensation has not been felt.
If you go with the urethane, lubricate them well to reduce squeaking.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U

Nice day for a drive so I took the 250 out for a 3-hour tour of the
Delaware
River.  Had a great time but remembered something that has been bugging
me
for a while.  When I'm pushing it through the gears and disengage the
clutch
for an up-shift, I get this funny sensation at the rear of the car.  It
kind
of does this wiggly thing and stops once I'm in the new gear.

I suspect it is not all that abnormal and is probably the rubber in the
trailing arm bushes that is the cause.  Thoughts?

Peter
'68 TR250