Re: removing the flywheel

To: theedge@cts.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: removing the flywheel
From: "Todd Bermudez" <red_tr250@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 08:34:35 -0400
Alan,

I recently did this...not very hard either.  Take an old nut & bolt, maybe
about 2.5-3" long & run it through one of the bottom holes on the engine
back plate.  This will give you a fulcrum.  Now use a crow bar & wedge it
into one of spaces in the ring gear.  Probably need 2 people for this
procedure.  If you don't have air, then I'd use a hammer on your wrench or a
long breaker bar.  I actually used a hammer to remove the bolts, but a
friend suggested using the other method to snug them up...worked like a
charm!

Todd Bermudez
TR250