RE: Diagnosis of gearbox sound

To: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>, "'6pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Diagnosis of gearbox sound
From: Keith Meinhold <keith@navyboy.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 18:48:07 -0800
Sounds like a bearing came apart.

My guess when you pull the drain plug to change the transmission oil, little
bits of metal will come out with the oil.  At least that is what was the
case with my BMW with the symptoms you describe.  But transmissions are a
mystery to me, so you will probably get better advice from others on the
list.

Keith Meinhold
66 Marston Avenue
San Francisco CA 94112