Braided Stainless Brake Hoses?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Braided Stainless Brake Hoses?
From: William Maslin <cwrm4@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 12:17:03 -0700 (PDT)
Ever time I've looked at the brake hoses on my TR6,
I've always said to myself "those sure look wimpy".

Yesterday my fears proved correct when I noticed,
after a drive with an increasingly mushy pedal, some
brake fluid on the wheel. Closer inspection revealed
that the brake hose to the front left caliper was
soaked in fluid and looked like a snake that had just
swallowed a chicken.

These hoses were installed 3 yrs ago by the PO and
were sourced as the "std hose" from TRF (I have the
receipt).

My racing heritage is telling me to upgrade the hoses
to something sturdier. Does anyone have any experience
with sourcing and using braided stainless hoses? Moss
lists a set for $85 -- has anyone used these?

Thanks,

William
'74 TR6