Stuck Hood

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Stuck Hood
From: Carscarscarz@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 17:07:01 EDT
Hi All~

I have a 73 that has been sitting for longer than I care to admit. The remote
release for the hood will not release. I believe the cable is intact as I
feel the expected resistance. However, at the point where I would expect the
bonnet to "pop", nothing. I have tried exerting a little more force but am
reluctant to apply too much - I have been known to apply too much muscle in
the past. An assistant placing a slight downward pressure at the latch has
been tried to no avail.

Has anyone BTDT or know of a way to get this open? Or will I be blazing a new
trail?

The car will be dissasembled anyway to begin its Phoenix like rise to fromer
glory so I am willing to take anything apart.

Thank you,

~Steve

Steve Levine
73 mimosa yellow