Trimphest 2002 in Laughlin, NV

To: "6packlist" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trimphest 2002 in Laughlin, NV
From: "John Truttman" <jtruttman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 16:42:06 -0700
Triumphest 2002 Approaching Fast!

If you don't have your registration sent in yet, please do it soon. The host
club, Desert Centre Triumph Register of America, desperately needs your
registration funds for deposits to order regalia, food, event space, etc. And,
what's even more important, they need to know how many to plan for. You can
find a registration form on the host club website at www.dctra.org.

If you've never been to a Triumphest rally before, you are in for a memorable
and exciting weekend. Do you like your TR? Do you enjoy fraternizing with
other TR owners? You must, because you joined a Triumph club right? Well,
here's your chance to see 125-150 different TRs all in one place at the same
time! You'll be able to talk to other owners about what they've done to their
cars, share experiences, marvel at some of the truly pristine examples of
ground-up restorations, and meet new friends. I for one can easily count up to
50 or so people who I know well, all of whom I met at various Triumphest
rallies. All weekend, you'll be among scores of old British sports cars
buzzing around the hotel grounds and the hills and valleys of the Colorado
River basin. The sights, the sounds, the smells.I can hardly wait!

This year's Triumphest is shaping up to be great. The event planners are
anticipating a compact and well-organized weekend. Except for the banquet, all
of the events will take place in a large pavilion-style tent located adjacent
to the hotel, or in the parking lot right next to the tent. Nearby, the
Colorado River will flow by, upon which you'll find a handy hotel-to-hotel
water taxi. The atmosphere is tropical and serene, even though we are in the
middle of a desert! The weather will be mild during the day, and balmy at
night. There will be plenty for everyone to see and do, and lend a festive air
to our Triumph version of "Oktoberfest".

The theme this year is the 50th anniversary of Triumph Sports Cars. On display
will be a very early 1952 TR2. The hospitality party will have a 50's theme,
with dance, costume and hula hoop contests. In addition, a raffle drawing will
be held for a fully-restored TR3 (a first for Triumphest). Don't miss it!

John Truttman