Oil from Vent

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil from Vent
From: "Todd Bermudez" <red_tr250@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 15:44:09 -0400
List,

A PO installed TR4 (175 Zs) carbs on my TR250 & removed all the vacuum lines
except the front carb to the distributor.  When I purchased the car the
there was a hose leading from the Valve cover to outside the engine
compartment & along the frame.  Natural frame lubricant I suppose??  Anyway,
I decided to run a hose directly from the Valve cover into the back of the
air cleaner.  Now I have oil lubricating my air cleaner assembly.  Should
oil be belching out of the valve cover?  When I bought the car the "Gulp"
valve was replaced by a plug as well.  Does the gulp valve "recirculate"
oil?  I wouldn't think so...I figured it would take the crankcase gases &
recirculate them.

Any help is appreciated,

Todd Bermudez
TR250 CD3705L