RE: U Joint tips

To: <Aledotr6@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: U Joint tips
From: "Walt Philipson" <wphilipson@bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 21:41:04 -0400
Bud,

I use a bench vice and some sockets to push the u-joint out. Use one socket
that will push into the yoke, just a bit smaller than the bearing. The other
socket should be large enough for the bearing to push into. Once you've
pushed one cup out, you'll have to turn the whole mess around and push the
first cup back out the opposite direction. Use the vice to push the new
bearing cups in also. Make sure the bearings are well greased and that none
of the needle bearings have fallen out. If you can't get the bearing cups in
far enough to install the snap rings, that's probably the problem. Ask me
how I know. :-)

Walt