RE: Brake Light Part 2

To: Acekraut11@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Brake Light Part 2
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 08:16:51 -0400
Aaron,

You can remove the switch from the PDWA body and stick a punch or awl in the
hole to move the valve spool to the center. There is a narrow part of the
valve spool which has to be below the switch hole. Be very careful not to
overtighten the ($29, hard to find) switch when you replace it.

I recall you said the light stayed on even with the wire to the switch
removed. If it's with the engine off, that's normal. The oil pressure switch
uses the same circuit, so when oil pressure is low, both lights go on. If
the brake light is on with the engine running and the wire to the switch
removed, then you've got an electrical short somehwere.

Hope this helps.

Hugh Fader