Re: Spearco wiring help

To: ms6453@optonline.net (Mitchel Seff)
Subject: Re: Spearco wiring help
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 09:16:49 -0700 (PDT)
Mitch---I can't tell you what the "yellow wire" that you ask about is
for, but let's see if it's even necessary, to get the unit itself
working. I suggest connecting up the wires that you know, and fill the
water bottle.  As you know, these pressure switches are adjustable. If
you start off with the adjusting screw all the way in/ down/ closed, the
pump should "turn on" even before seeing any pressure.*  If you succeed
in getting the pump to work when set to its most sensitive setting, next
you'll want to set it to come on at whatever pressure you desire.
(Probably when your
Supercharger developes about 5lb. of boost)

At this point, you can set the Hobbs switch by connecting its hose to a
low pressure air source. A bicycle tire pump will do. You'll want to use
a three-way hose "T" that also goes to a pressure gauge, so you can see
exactly what the air pressure is that trips the Hobbs switch.

*To sum up, There should be only two wires necessary out of the Hobbs
switch. One goes to a power source, the other goes to the pump at the
water bottle. When the Hobbs switch closes from air pressure, the second
wire also becomes "hot" and this wire should be connected to the pump
itself, that provides the ground wire.

That's it, my friend. Hopefully, this addition will allow you to up the
ante, and  get into Mustang territory!

Dick T.