Re: Importing a Car from Canada

To: GSFuqua1@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Importing a Car from Canada
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:54:38 -0400
> Can anyone give me some assistance/guidance on what is
> required/necessary to import a 1967 built British Sports Car
> into the US from Canada?  Thank you.
>
> Gary Fuqua
> gsfuqua1@aol.com

Larry, I'm going up to Canada tomorrow to bring back (hopefully) a 1973 TR6.
I can let you know the full details of my ordeal early next week...

In summary though, everyone you talk to in Customs, the EPA and the DOT will
have different stories of what you are to do. So you basically have to
assimilate all the stories you get, boil down to the core specific
instructions, follow those and wish for luck.

Thanks to all the wonderful newspaper and television reporters smuggling in
restricted items, like depleted uranium, I'm sure to have a pleasant time at
Customs opening up my spare engine and four spare transmissions to make sure
that my layshafts aren't made of depleted uranium or that I haven't filled
the gearboxes with whatever drugs get smuggled through Canada.

Yes, I'm a pessimist.

Kai