S2 Cam?

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: S2 Cam?
From: "Wayne Ross" <rengrave@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 13:06:44 -0400
Listers,

After removing all the parts of the engine this past weekend, I found:

1. Conrods straight (so I will re-use).
2. Rocker shaft has worn out grooves at every rocker (toast, I will buy new,
probably TRF)
3. Timing chain slack (.475) (I will buy new from TRF, plan on keeping both
sprockets, they look even, not worn to one side)
4. Lifters (tappets) 6 out of 12 are toast, full of nicks and slightly
concave. (I will buy new)
5. Cams on camshaft has 6 out of 12 good looking (not measured yet), but the
other 6 are slightly pitted. Is this cam toast or can it be fixed? Or am I
better off buying a better cam? What is this S2 cam I keep hearing about?
How do I benifit by using it? I have heard that having the cam machined can
be expensive and the end reult questionable.
All comments welcome.

Currently comparing prices from the big 3 and making a list.
Should I wait for TRF winter parts sale?

Wayne
Westport, MA
1973 TR6 (Mallard)