That Canadian TR6

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: That Canadian TR6
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:40:52 -0400
Just a short update for now.  I didn't purchase that TR6 in Ottawa, it was
by far the worst hack job I have ever seen to a TR6.  The appearance was
entirely superficial, helped by the $249 Maaco glossy supreme special paint
job.  Looking back at my discussions with the seller, I was wholly misled,
as he gave just enough convincing information without revealing complete
details about the quality of the repairs.

The weekend was not an entire loss.  I still purchased the four overdrive
gearboxes that I was also going up to Canada for.  They turned out to be all
big Healey gearboxes, although all the A-type parts will come in useful some
time in the future.

More a little later... as I don't want to see anyone unfamiliar with TR6s
get stuck with this car (at least not at the price that is being asked).

Cheers,

Kai