Push Rods with Milled Head

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Push Rods with Milled Head
From: ShewFamily@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:09:42 -0400
The question on the bent push rod reminded me of a question I needed to pose to
the group.

As part of the repair of the wreck damage to my TR6 I find myself with a bad
case of shipwright's disease.  Since I have now decided to pull the engine, I
plan on renewing the mains, rod bearings and rings, if I can do so without any
machine work.  I also plan on a valve job with new guides, heat treated valve
seats and milling the head to the pre-74 compression ratio.

My question is that in doing so, do I also have to measure the push rods and
take an appropriate amount from them in order to keep valve geometry correct? I
notice that in the catalogs of the big three, only one push rod is available.
Thanks.
John Shewmake
'74 TR6
Chattanooga, TN