Re: New troubling sound

To: Shawn Loseke <shawn@swo.com>
Subject: Re: New troubling sound
From: pchalk@senet.com.au
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:41:13 +091800
Exactly ... as I fix one noise, its always one that is masking another.
Basically, if you are seeking perfection in automotive engineering, betta getta
Honda!!
These are the smells, bumps, grinds and rattles that are the charm of British
sports cars.

Peter Chalk
69 TR6 PI
S.Australia

Sounds like a throw out bearing making noise. I've heard of them
beginning to make noise and then quiet down after awhile. Letting it be
until you notice a shifting problem, louder whine or replace it just to
be safe is totally up to you.

Sometimes we get to know our cars a little to well. We hears things
that we didn't hear before because nothing is going wrong. Take someone
for a ride and ask if they hear it as well. If they hear it with no
prompting, then you might have something. If not, maybe your being too
critical. I've been there before myself.

Shawn Loseke
1972 TR6
Fort Collins, CO

This mail sent through SE Net Webmail