Re: Push rods

To: YeOldEd@aol.com
Subject: Re: Push rods
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:55:01 -0700 (PDT)
OK, Mike---I will gracefully bow to Jim (and others) as I knowingly took
a path of lower percentage. Still not known, to me anyway, is what broke
the pushrods? If #3 (exhaust) valve stayed closed, it's easy to picture
the compression going out the intake.

Such ideas offered as tappets, or lifter staying in the "UP" position
might keep valves from closing, but doesn't do anything in explaining
the pushrods breaking. It should only mean that this particular valve
stays open.

Was/is a rocker "hanging up"?

Is there several guides that have "frozen" valve stems inside?

Some onThe List may be getting bored with all of this, but I relish such
topics, and like all the information.

Dick