Re: Head Gasket, Manifold gasket

To: Wayne Ross <rengrave@netzero.net>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Head Gasket, Manifold gasket
From: Dale <tpdwinch@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:51:24 -0700 (PDT)
Wayne

What material is recomended to use on the head gasket that will not
permanetly glue the head to the block?     Hylomar is a product that will not
harden making removal easy.

Is it applied on both faces of the gasket?  To be honest nothing should be
applied to the head gasket. It should compress to form it's own seal.

Is it just applied in the this area along the conrods? on on face of the
gasket or two?

How about the manifold gasket between the block and the manifolds, do I use
one or two gaskets?  One gasket

And, does anyone have a good method for removing a broken bolt from the
exhaust manifold, where the exhaust pipe flange connects. I broke one of the
four bolts when I was removing the engine. The bolt or stud is sticking out
about an inch from the manifold flange.

Do I try heat and liquid wrench?   If you can put the end in a bucket of diesel
fuel for a week. Then try to tighten the bolt a little. If it moves then back
it out, with and in - out motion till you get it completely out.  If it doesn't
move at all apply a little heat to burn off any diesel left, then heat the area
around the bolt till you get it out.

Dale