Head Gasket, Manifold gasket

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Head Gasket, Manifold gasket
From: "Wayne Ross" <rengrave@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 14:27:58 -0400
Listers,

What material is recomended to use on the head gasket that will not
permanetly glue the head to the block?
Is it applied on both faces of the gasket?
Is it just applied in the this area along the conrods? on on face of the
gasket or two?

How about the manifold gasket between the block and the manifolds, do I use
one or two gaskets?

And, does anyone have a good method for removing a broken bolt from the
exhaust manifold, where the exhaust pipe flange connects. I broke one of the
four bolts when I was removing the engine. The bolt or stud is sticking out
about an inch from the manifold flange.
Do I try heat and liquid wrench?

Wayne
Westport, MA