Valve stem oil seals. Do they work?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Valve stem oil seals. Do they work?
From: "Pim Alferink" <p.alferink3@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 00:10:21 +0200
A year ago I had to replace the rockershaft since a rocker had fused itself
onto the shaft.
The other rocker had left some marks too.
Reason: too little oil on top.
With the new rockers I also installed the additional rocker feed.
Works wonders, now I see oil coming out of the weepholes.
Disadvantage I found the oil consumption to have increased (which is not
uncommon I'm told).
To counteract the blue fumes in the back, one advice I got is to install valve
stem seals.
For the people that did that, I'm interested to hear your experience.
Pim
Pimento '73