Fwd: Valve stem oil seals. Do they work?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Valve stem oil seals. Do they work?
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 19:42:49 -0700 (PDT)
I have valve stem oil seals on my car, along with the rocker oil feed
line, and the setup works great.  However, I don't know if the oil
seals will work as a "band aid" for you car.  It sounds like your
guides have some wear in them, which is causing the leak.  I replaced
my valves and guides, and fitted the seals.

By the way, I have no idea who the vendor or part number was for the
valve stem seals.  Sorry!  But I think you just need to provide some
basic measurements to someone who is in the business, and they can
suggest seals that will work.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6