RE: Running too rich

To: "Don McGilvery" <drm@maine.rr.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Running too rich
From: "Walt Philipson" <wphilipson@bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 20:57:05 -0400
Don,

I would suspect that your carbs need rebuilding. There is an excellent guide
at:

http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/

scroll down to the tr250/tr6 carb rebuilding articles. Nelson Riedel does an
excellent job of walking you through the process. I just did this and it
made a huge difference. Of course, make sure all of your ignition components
are new, timing is correct, and valves are adjusted, etc. Every one here
likes to point out that 90% of carb problems are electrical. :-)

When you order your rebuild kits, make sure you also get your bypass valve
diaphragms. These are not included in the kits and of course it was what I
needed.

Walt Philipson
wphilipson@bigfoot.com
TR-6    1974