RE: Rebuilding the TR250 Stromberg 175CD-2SE

To: "'Don Malling'" <dmallin@attglobal.net>,
Subject: RE: Rebuilding the TR250 Stromberg 175CD-2SE
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 04:34:46 -0400
Hi Don. I don't know about restoring the "extraordinary prescision". I do
know that the emission control performance is lame by today's standards. I
successfully rebuilt my carbs last spring and they work fine. It wasn't as
big a deal as I thought. I have no experience with SUs, but it looks like
mixture is set about the same way. The only difference in adjustment I saw
was in the choke (different, not more complicated) and in the bypass valve
(SUs don't have).

- Hugh Fader