Re: Overdrive Saga Continues

To: Patrick Bitton <pbitton@axess.com>
Subject: Re: Overdrive Saga Continues
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:35:10 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

[regarding your continuing O/D saga...]

I don't wish to beat a dead horse, as it were... but you've just learned a
very important lesson in Triumph ownership:

Never, ever start a major project during the driving season unless you
have 100% (plus a factor of 10%) of all the parts and knowledge to pull
off the repair in a few nights _BEFORE_ you start the project.

Ignoring this axiom is asking for trouble in the biggest way.

I know this lesson all too well and re-learn it every Spring (where the
TR6 is on jackstands in the garage waiting for a "frammel clip" that is
NLS.)

I'll also put in my semi-regular plug in for having / knowing friends to
help you solve your problems - but don't forget to reciprocate the
efforts! This is crucial to ownership of old cars - especially if your
mechanical familiarity with these cars is fuzzy or non-existant!

We can never forget that we're driving cars that are twenty to 50 years
old at this point. This is _waaaaay_ past the likely designed service life
of these things and the fact that some of us drive them regularly really
is sort of miraculous.

Bye,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |