Overdrive Saga Continues

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Overdrive Saga Continues
From: Patrick Bitton <pbitton@axess.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:06:11 -0400
Well, just when I thought it was over...it isn't. I ordered an angle drive
from a supplier of used parts and recieved it today. I tried to install it
on my J-Type and the square bit that sticks out of the angle drive will not
insert in the overdrive speedo connector. Does anyone know why? Someone told
me that 2 types were made, square and flat. If that is the case...my speedo
connector on my overdrive must be flat. Can someone confirm? I am starting
to think that getting an overdrive is more of a headache then anything else.
My car has been in the garage for a month now and I only have a few more
week of decent weather to drive it.

Please help.

Patrick