TR6 Dash panel R&R

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Dash panel R&R
From: RPVanLuchene@lbl.gov
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:52:36 -0700
OK, I am finally going to attempt to do this on my TR this coming
weekend. I've got a new TRF dash, new bulbs, and new guage-to-dash
gaskets. Am I missing anytihing? If I have time I might clean the guage
faces and paint the rims if needed. WIll probably try to cleanup/fix
the Hazard switch following Dan Masters book. I am going to use the
Bentley manual as my guide for the dash R/R. Does anyone have any tips
or special tools that might be useful to make things easier? The
Bentley doesn't mention it, but I thought taking out the driver's seat
might make it easier to lie on my back to get to the wiring? About how
long should I expect this to take for a first-timer? Or, just how much
beer should I buy? ha ha A friend of mine says he knows a guy who
claims he can drop a VW engine in 1 1/2 beers (no wire cutting).

Cheers,
Ryan
6/71 TR6 Imperial blue