Michigan British Reliability Run Update

To: triumphs-owner@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu,
Subject: Michigan British Reliability Run Update
From: "Blake J. Discher" <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 09:53:16 -0400
PEASE FEEL FREE TO REPOST TO OTHER BRITISH CAR LISTS YOU MAY BE ON

Hello listers...

I thought I'd update everyone on the Michigan British Reliability Run which
takes place this coming Saturday and Sunday.  It's an 800-mile "endurance
run" modeled on charity runs organized by John Macartney in the UK.  BTW,
John was incredibly helpful when it came to organizing this run, thank you
John!  If you haven't checked the event website <http://www.mibrr.com>
lately, you'll be amazed to see that the 21 teams have collected more than
$10,200 to send kids with hemophilia to summer camp next year.  We'll be
presenting our checks to the executive director of the Hemophilia
Foundation of Michigan during the kickoff driver's dinner Friday night.

We've got plenty of Triumphs, MGs, two Morgans, a TVR, a Jag, and both a
new and a classic Mini.  Oh yeah, and a Wienermobile.  AutoWeek Magazine
has registered an all-female team that will drive a 1980 Triumph TR7
Spider!  I'll be driving my 1968 Triumph 2000 Saloon.  The weather for the
run might be the ultimate challenge... nights in the mid 30s and days in
the mid 50s.  Snow flurries predicted.  Ugh!  Everyone is checking their
heater valves to be certain they're working.

The goal is to get as many children as possible who are suffering from
hemophilia to summer camp at the foundation's Camp Bold Eagle. The cost for
one week of education and fun, with full medical attention, is $2,200 per
camper. At the camp, children learn to self-infuse with 'factor,' a
clotting agent hemophiliacs lack, and meet other children with the same
disease.  Each camper must pay a $500 fee, the balance being paid for by
the Hemophilia Foundation of Michigan. If the child cannot afford the fee,
it is paid for through fundraising efforts -- that's where we come in. No
child is ever turned down.

Here's where I "hit you up" for money:  If you care to make a donation in
any amount, you can use PayPal or mail a check, whatever the amount,
payable to "The Hemophilia Foundation of Michigan" to:  MIBRR, 1363 East
Fisher Freeway, Suite 8, Detroit, MI 48207.

For more information, and to see the registered cars, you can visit the
event website at <http://www.mibrr.com>. Thanks for your consideration and
support!

Warm regards,
Blake J. Discher, event organizer

----
PLEASE SPONSOR ME TO HELP SEND KIDS WITH HEMOPHILIA TO CAMP!
I'm driving my British car in the Michigan British Reliability Run this
October.
Learn about the run, donate with PayPal:  http://www.mibrr.com