Re: Flexible coupling on steering shaft

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Flexible coupling on steering shaft
From: "Greg Dito" <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 11:48:20 -0400
Listers,

This talk about countersunk allen screws in the rubber steering coupling has
me a bit befuddled.  Although I know my 250 is not an exact duplicate of all
things mechanical with the TR6 I do not recall any hex allen screws in this
part of my car.  Both pair of hex bolts have through holes for a safety wire
through the opposite coupling adapter.  Even the Moss and TRF catalogs do
not show the other pair of bolts (since they are both using the same factory
drawing).

Checking Bentley it shows the dual safety wire arrangement in section
57.40.26 as it is on my 250.

Can anyone explain?  Improvement for safety?  Or....??

Thanks in advance.

Greg Dito
CD6250L