Re: Carbs

To: "Wisnewski, Stan" <SWisnewski@tiaa-cref.org>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carbs
From: "Terry Geiger" <twgeiger@hiwaay.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:12:58 -0500
Stan,

I run a pair of weber downdrafts on my daily driver and after the initial
adjustment, I haven't touched them.  I have also used the SU HS6 carbs with
good success.  The Strombergs will do the job if they are properly rebuilt.
If you car is driven every day (like mine) then I would suggest the weber
downdrafts if you can stand the price.  If this car is being driven 2k miles
a year then you probably want to get the Strombergs working or consider
going to some SU's.

You might want to check for other problems before deciding the carbs are the
problem.  These cars are prone to intake manifold vacuum leaks.  Also,
insure your ignition is not the culprit.  I've often heard it said when
you're convinced it's the carbs, check the ignition system.

I hope this helps,

Terry Geiger
'74 TR6 daily driver
Florence, Alabama USA