Re: Commercial Messages

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Commercial Messages
From: "Jim Swarthout" <jswarth1@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:40:50 -0400
Cregg,

Terry,

And the others who have received my rockers, Thanks!

In summary,

The very suggestion that an information list "SHOULD NOT" be used to
discuss product offerings, old or new, is completely contradictory and
childish by the intent that is conveyed to the reader. Particularly when
talking about Triumphs.

If this were a list devoted to the restoration of a somewhat hard to
find Big Block 4-speed Chevy "SS" Chevelle: and subsequently a half
dozen vendors of chrome timing covers inundated the list with their
latest offering from China; I could see the need for a little
moderation. This is not the case!

I personally could care less if Richard Good, Ted Schumaker, Gunst, PRI,
or anyone else who makes quality replacement parts were to discuss them
on this list.

Honestly why would anyone care other than for some selfish silly notion
that they would never be willing to admit. These ideas are embalmed in
some politically correct "GOOP" that has no place here!

For those who have created this little ruse; you should really be
ashamed of yourselves. You are a detriment to those who have a genuine
interest in their Triumphs!

Automobiles need to be serviced, thereby requiring replacement parts!

I can't imagine any, "REAL", Triumph enthusiast "NOT" wanting to be kept
abreast of all of the replacement parts available, and through all
channels available.

This sort of attitude simply defeats the whole notion that these cars
will live forever. These cars will only survive if a constant stream of
quality parts at a reasonable price exists.

For those of you, who are somehow "offended" by discussions of suppliers
and parts for Triumphs; picture this! You could be dragging the empty
shiny carcass of a TR-6 to a grassy hill and sip champagne with your
"like-minded friends" under a tent, chortling away about the good ol'
days when you could actually drive one!

You won't be able to drive it without parts!

As Forrest Gump would say, "that's all I have to say about that!"

Best regards,

Jim Swarthout
Creative Engineering & Design, Inc.
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/tr6tech

Just wanted to acknowledge that I received a set of Jim's roller rockers
as
he said in his original promotion.  I don't want to reopen the issue
about
commercial use of the list, but do want to give Jim credit for following

through.  A hearty thanks, Jim!!!!

I'm very much looking forward to conducting my own performance tests
(much
as Terry Geiger mentioned last week).  My tach is currently out for a
rebuild so there will be a short delay before I'm ready to take good
before
and after data.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Cregg Cowan
CC63192 daily driver
Mountain View, CA