Painting

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Painting
From: "Neil Wehmeyer" <ngwehmeyer@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 08:31:18 -0700
Dwayne Wrote:
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:57:16 -0700
From: "Dwayne Cooper" <dc_bruin@hotmail.com>
Subject: Painting Questions

I'm presently painting my car.

First, my car seems to have some sort of stone-guard-type covering on the
bottom of the rocker panels.

Yeah, that stone guard is the stock stuff.  You can get it at auto body
supply stores, or Eastwood in a rattle can.  Put the chrome strip back on
first, then apply it.

Second, the back of the original car is black and the jambs all around seem
to be body color.  What color is the jamb around the trunk opening supposed
to be?

The jambs are to be body color.  The matte black is painted on after the
body is painted.  Also, the trailing edge of the trunk lid is black.  Parts
catalogs are a good source of pictures.

Finally (for now), does anyone have a close up picture showing the rear
panel that they could share?  I'm trying to figure out where the correct
edge is for the transition from black to body color should be.

The break is at the top edge of the trunk lid, the trailing edge of the rear
fenders, and behind the rear bumper.
There is a good picture of this in the Rimmer catalog.

If I'm wrong about any of this, I hope some one can correct me.

Neil Wehmeyer
CC26895L