Painting Questions

To: "Dwayne Cooper" <dc_bruin@hotmail.com>, "6pack"
Subject: Painting Questions
From: "Derek Graham" <saffrontr@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 07:08:10 +0100
Dwayne,

The original material used by Triumph was for the protection of the vulnerable
areas such as the underside of the rocker covers/sills and inner surfaces of
the wings was either "Supra Dedseal" or "Boscoseal 9020". Basically nothing
more than an underseal. This was always black and had the additional purpose,
other than protection, in that it made the side of the car appear shallower,
so for originality purposes it shouldn't be painted body colour.
With regard to the painting of the "jambs" they should be body colour except
for the rearmost which should be black. Have a look at our webmaster Mike
Brinkers website   http://www.tr6world.com/ and the Bruce McWilliams interview
for a couple of photographs of the rear panel. They're not close up but will
give you a good idea of the extent of the black area.
Hope that this helps.

Regards

Derek Graham
CP54529-O