A hardy thank you to those that endulged my 48 hour whine.

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: A hardy thank you to those that endulged my 48 hour whine.
From: S Mann <quicksilver_rising@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 07:03:14 -0800 (PST)
To say the least I am relieved, not to mention a bit embarrassed.

Why nobody simply said..."just go do it for heaven's sake"... is indicative of
the tolerance of triumph greenhorns around here.

As it turns out, the tunnel came out neatly in one piece.  A minimum of coaxing
with a putty knife and it popped loose.  Actullay this was not so surprising,
the tape that held the boot in was a freash as the day it was installed.
Things never "baked" much in the car.

The transmission followed. The engine will come out this eve.

After almost 30 years the transmission and engine are coated with a nice layer
of oil/grease in the hard to reach places..  I am not going to do any
mechanical work on either component other than replace fluids.

Question:  Any thoughts on the best (and simplest) way to externally clean
things up?

Also, what is the adhesive of choice to replace the tunnel.  The adhesive that
remains is still quite pliable and tacky.  I may just keep it clean and replace
the tunnel as-is and let the adhesive redo itself.  The car is driven very
little and only on sunny, warm & dry days.

Scott