Re: RE: TR6 Front Shock

To: <chris.lummis@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: RE: TR6 Front Shock
From: Greg Dito <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:50:56 -0500
Chris,

I recall that the first time I encountered these stubborn brackets I used the
claw of a standard hammer just as if I were removing a large nail.  You get
decent leverage and there's enough contact on the bracket to get a good "bite".

Maybe a pry bar can do the same thing, but it's the length that limits what you
can get under the springpan and getting the right leverage might be tricky.

Soak in penetrating oil overnight.  Then position the hammer so the handle is
down, head of hammer against springpan and claw on top edge of bracket.  Then
start prying with hard jerks, alternating from side to side of the bracket.

However, if those studs are rusted solid to the brackets then I don't know what
to tell you.

Greg Dito
CD6250L