Re: A hardy thank you to those that endulged my 48 hour whine.

To: S Mann <quicksilver_rising@yahoo.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A hardy thank you to those that endulged my 48 hour whine.
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <trstevens@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:34:40 -0500
At 10:03 AM 10/29/2003, S Mann wrote:
>[snip]
>After almost 30 years the transmission and engine are coated with a nice
>layer of oil/grease in the hard to reach places..  I am not going to do
>any mechanical work on either component other than replace fluids.

In my not so humble opinion, you'd be foolish NOT to do some mechanical
work while things are out and apart.  Some suggestions of cheap and easy
things to do that will save you trouble in the future: replace rear oil
seal, front oil seal and crank sleeve on engine.  Slightly less easy but
just as cheap: crossdrill & bolt clutch fork shaft.
--
Ted Stevens     trstevens@earthlink.net
'74 TR6 Gaithersburg, MD