Re: Urethane bushing question

To: Greg Dito <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Urethane bushing question
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:47:32 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Greg Dito wrote:

> Gary,

Hi.

> I've heard white lithium grease, synthetic, and moly all being
> recommended.  I guess it comes down to who can say they have gone the
> longest with no squeaks from the bushings and what was used.

If you don't grease them when you install them, you can add "squirt some
silicone lube on all the suspension pivots" in your annual lube the
chassis ritual.

Frankly, all the pivots need is some anti-sieze on the bolts when you
assemble them. They won't squeak at all.

I've got over 50k miles on the street car since I switched to urethane.

> I'd be interested in that answer as well.
>
> Greg Dito
> CD6250L

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |