75 electronic overdrive schematic

To: "6 pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: 75 electronic overdrive schematic
From: "jhaeg" <haeg1@mninter.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 15:17:34 -0600
Does anyone have an electronic schematic for a 75 TR6 electronic overdrive
system? (web link or e-mail)
If no, a description of the circuit would probably work just as well.

Note: The Bentley manual is missing the 75 and 76 version, and the 75 isn't
matching the earlier design. Does the new Haynes manual have this schematic?
Note: Dan Masters Electrical book has nice looking schematics for each year,
but none of the overdrive schematics on the later cars are correct. They just
have a switch turning on an electric overdrive solenoid. This is the first
time I've used this manual to actually troubleshoot, and I'm a little
disappointed.

My problem: The fuse supplying power to the GREEN wires is blowing. The fuse
will not blow if I disconnect the overdrive on/off switch.

Here is what I can figure out:
-C1 and C4 are the overdrive relay contacts.
-W1 and W2 are the overdrive relay windings.
- One side of the overdrive switch is tied directly to the GREEN switched B+
line.
- The heavy gauge brown wires connect to C1, and are switched B+.
- The C4 wires (WHT/RED and WHT/YEL) have continuity between them, and seem to
be the electrical load that gets turned on by the relay. One should go to the
overdrive solenoid, but what does the other one do?
- The wire at W2 is also (WHT/RED), and has continuity with the (WHT/RED)
electrical load wire. This looks to be some type of latching circuit, but I'm
going to need a real schematic to proceed.

Thanks for your time,

John H. in Minneapolis.