Re: 75 electronic overdrive schematic

To: "jhaeg" <haeg1@mninter.net>
Subject: Re: 75 electronic overdrive schematic
From: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 15:35:01 -0800
John,

You may have a short to ground somewhere in the switch.  Disconnect all
wires connected to the overdrive relay except whichever of W1 of W2 is
connected to ground.  Connect one lead of an ohmmeter to ground and probe
all of the overdrive terminals with the other lead and note which terminals
show continuity to ground.  Without seeing a schematic I can't be sure, but
in all likelihood none of the other terminals (except one of the W's which
you have determined should show continuity to ground) will show continuity
to ground if the switch is functioning properly.  If the terminal of the
overdrive which the Green wire is connected shows continuity to ground, the
switch is most likely bad.  Let us know what you find.

Gary
'73