End of Trouble Shooting

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: End of Trouble Shooting
From: "Paula J. Graffam" <pjgraffam@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 17:31:23 -0500
Listers,

 Here were my symptoms:
    * Cold engine start would stall with choke fully pulled out

    * At full acceleration in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear @ approx. 4k rpm
engine
       would flatten out and buck.

Here were my fixes:
     * Professionally relined the gas tank

    * Installed all new hoses on fuel line from front to back

    * Installed new fuel pump and replaced fuel filter

    * Installed a three way fuel valve recommended by Jay Welch just for
kicks

    * Rebuilt both carbs. and blew air in all the appropriate places

Here is the result:  nothing really changed !!!

Here is my one last idea:

     * Plug up the vacuum hose that goes to my inoperative anti-run on
valve.
        ( Note: the valve, newly installed from Moss, developed an
electrical short
                   in the unit and was draining my battery.  The valve
was extremely
                   hot to the touch with the leads on it so I disabled
it. It was about
                   this time I started having symptoms.)

Here is the result:

     *  One handy old sheet rock screw on my workbench installed in the
vacuum
         hose has solved the #^%$&#& problem!!!

Here is my question:

     *  Why???