Re: top speed

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: top speed
From: BigOldWumper@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:17:48 EST
Unless your tachometer is also "optimistic" (or in your case, pessimistic,
for that matter), then possibly determining what RPMs your car tops out at
would
be more accurate? If you know your axle ratio and tire diameter (tranny top
gear is 1:1 w/out OD), then there are a number of programs you can find online
that can calculate your speed based on gearing and engine speed. Does anyone
know how accurate the Jaeger tachs on these cars are? I know that the
speedometers are notoriously optimistic, but I don't know about the tachs.
Also, keep
your top up. I'm not advocating driving 100 miles an hour, but it'll be
certainly easier to reach those speeds with the reduced drag.
-Sean