RE: top speed

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: top speed
From: Peter Zaborski <plz@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 05:46:31 -0700

Actually, if you have access to it, an even better way to determine the
accuracy of your speedo is via a GPS device. If you don't have one yourself,
try to borrow one from a friend who does. They are typically extremely
accurate and can be configured to show the velocity. I wouldn't necessarily
trust another car (even a modern one) as many manufacturers intentionally
calibrate the speedometers "optimistically" (ie. the indicated speed is
higher than the real speed). A GPS unit should not have this issue.

Peter Zaborski -- CF58310 UO