Re: Tires... Again

To: dcmdcm@earthlink.net, TR6UO@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tires... Again
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:47:37 -0500
Doug Morris wrote:

Is there a web page which contains a table showing the choices which are
appropriate for stock TR6 wheels (i.e. brand. profile, width, circumference,
price, performance, durability, ride, red-lining, cheapest sources, etc.)?

No web page, but listed below is a the results of a survey I did awhile back
requesting listers to submit what wheels and tires they shod their TR6 with.
As for prices, I didnt bother to ask since I figured that tire prices flucuate
so often the information would be out of date as the email was being read.  And
as for tire performance, as other listers have pointed out, the Tire Rack or
other tire websites will list customer testimonials.

Tire and wheel information below.

Cheers,

Aaron

Wheel/Tire Survey

Wheels

Steel(stock)-(18 listers)
Wire Wheels (Chrome)
Wire Wheels (painted) 72spoke (2 listers), 60 spoke
Dayton Wire Wheels (Painted)
Dayton Wire Wheels (Chrome)
Alloy(brand unknown) 15 X 7
American Racing Wheels (2 listers), 15 X 6.5
American Racing 4 Spoke-15 X 7(2 listers), 15 X 6
American Mags
Cosmic 15 X 6
Diamond Racing 15 X 7
Enkie 15 X 7
Ineki
KN Wheels(knockoffs)
Minilite 15X 7 (knockoffs)
Minilite 15 X 5.5
Motoform Dragon 15 X 7
Panasport 15 X 7, 15 X 6.5-(2 listers)
Revolution 5-Spoke
Riken 15 X 7

Tires

BF Goodrich Control TA 205/75R15
BF Goodrich Touring TA 205/70-15
BF Goodrich Touring TA 215/70-15
BF Goodrich R1 215/60-15
Bridgestone RE71 Potenza 205/65-15
Centennial Fortress X 205/70-15
Dunlop D40 M2 215/60-15
Dunlop D60-A2 215/60-15
Dunlop D65 Touring 205/70-15
Dunlop Redlines from Diamondback Classics 215/70-15
Dunlop SP5000 205/65-15
Fulda Y2000 185-15
Futura 215/60HR15
Goodyear Eagle GT+4 195/70-15(2 listers)
Goodyear Eagle GS-CS 225/50ZR15
Goodyear G19 Sports Car Specials 23 X 9 X 15 R210 compound
Goodyear G800 185SR15
Hoosier 225/45ZR15
Kumho Ecsta HP4 215/65R15
Michelin Redlines 185/15-(4 listers)
Michelin 185/70R15 with Redlines-(3 listers)
Michelin X Radial 205/70R15, 185/75-15
Michelin Symmetry 215/70R15
Nitto  205/60R15
Pirelli P4000 205/70 VR15-(3 listers(one with added Redlines))
Pirelli P4000 VR70/15
Pirelli P6000 205/65R15
Yokohama Avid 215/65-15, 205/70-15
Yokohama Avid H4 215/65-15, 205/65-15, 205/75-15 with Redlines
Yokohama AVS DB 205/70-15
Yokoham AVS Intermediate 205/65R15
Yokohama T4 205/70-15