Re: Coker Redlines/Warrior Brand?

To: TR6UO@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coker Redlines/Warrior Brand?
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 19:27:05 -0500
Hi Steve,

It's interesting that he said Coker "bought the molds"...

When I was talking to Michelin Customer Assistance, and AFTER he told me
the first time that the Michelins X Redlines were made by Michelin and
not by Coker, almost in passing he said Coker "bought the molds". I
stopped him and specifically asked him he he meant Coker bought the
molds, as in had them in their possession, or bought the rights to the
molds. He said Coker bought the rights to the molds, and he said like it
was kind of dumb question for me to ask, considering all that he had
said already. He said again at the end of our conversation that Coker
bought the rights to the molds, and the Redlines were made by Michelin,
not by Coker.

My guess is that we are running into some tire manufacturing talk and
are misunderstanding it. Evidently to "buy the molds" in tire talk means
to buy the rights to the molds.

Don Malling